Introducing our new guest blogger, Jason Butler
Lower My Charges.com and Jason Butler have teamed up to provide useful insights on financial well-being and personal finance matters. Jason will be one of our guest bloggers who will remind you of the basic things we tend to forget about when it comes to managing your money.
Who is Jason Butler?
Jason is a Chartered Fellow of the Personal Finance Society and Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment. He was a financial adviser for 25yrs, 17 of which was senior partner of the firm which he founded, until he retired from financial services aged 46.
Jason writes about personal finance for the Financial Times and Money Marketing and has appeared on BBC radio, Sky News and other media outlets. He is an expert on financial well-being and personal finance capability and is a sought-after keynote speaker and consultant.
Jason has written a new book called Money Moments. “Whether it’s affording the basics in life, feeling more in control of your money, or balancing today’s spending needs with those in later life, many of us struggle to manage our finances as well as we would wish.
Drawing on his 25-year career as a financial adviser and the latest academic research, Jason Butler shows how you can reduce stress and anxiety relating to money and increase your life choices and build long-term financial security.
Through numerous real-life stories, anecdotes and proven techniques, Jason shows how your spending, working and saving decisions affect your overall financial well-being, and what habits, behaviours and attitudes you need to adopt to improve it.
· How a simple change of mindset can improve how you feel about money
· Why you might be much richer than you think
· Learn when not to go shopping and what to avoid buying
· How to spend your way to happiness and fulfilment without blowing your budget
· Why making yourself look old can dramatically increase how much you save
· Learn how to make your money work hard for you with minimal effort or cost
· Understand what you need to do to avoid a financial shock paralysing your life
Whatever your age, education, income or wealth, Money Moments will give you the insights, understanding, inspiration and confidence you need to improve your financial well-being and get the most out of life.”