Our Website Privacy & Cookies Policy
LowerMyCharges.com is a trading style of Money Concierge (“We”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales, Company Number 07368809
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Money Concierge Limited a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07368809 with its registered office at Britannia House, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly, CF83 3GG.
Information we may process about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site LowerMyCharges.com. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our services, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web logs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
- If you subscribe to receive further information from LowerMyCharges.com we want to ensure that we send you the information that you most want and that is of the most use to you. In order to do this we may collect certain information about you including:
- Demographic information such as postcode, age, preferences and interests.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys.
How we collect your information
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To periodically send promotional e mails about LowerMyCharges.com, our services or other information that we think you may find interesting using the e mail address you have provided. Please not you will be able to unsubscribe from our e mails at any time.
- From time to time we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes
Cookies are small text files that are used by our website to make our user’s experience more efficient. The current EU Cookie Law (more information) states that we can store cookies on your machine if they are essential to the operation of our site but that for all others we need your permission to do so. LowerMyCharges.com does use some non-essential cookies.
To learn more about cookies, including what they are, how they work and how to block them or delete them, please visit www.aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
The following information describes the cookies that LowerMyCharges.com currently use on this site and what we use them for:
We use a session cookie to remember what you’ve put in the shopping basket and handle your order details through the checkout process. These we deem strictly necessary to the working of the website. If these are disabled, various functionality of the site will be broken. More information on session cookies and what they are used for at www.allaboutcookies.org
Persistent Cookies (Google Analytics)
The information generated by the cookie about your use of our website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google undertakes not to associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service here.
If you have Adobe Flash installed on your computer (most computers do) and you use LowerMyCharges.com’s audio or video players, Google Analytics will try to store some additional data on your computer. This data is known as a Local Shared Object or Flash cookie. This helps us to analyse the popularity of our media files. We can count the total number of times each file is played, how many people watch videos right to the end and how many people give up half way through. Adobe’s website offers tools to control Flash cookies on your computer.
On many of the pages of the site you will see ‘social buttons’. These enable users to share or bookmark the web pages. There are buttons for: Twitter, Google +1, Facebook ‘Like’, and LinkedIn ‘Share’. In order to implement these buttons, and connect them to the relevant social networks and external sites, there are scripts from domains outside of LowerMyCharges.com. You should be aware that these sites are likely to be collecting information about what you are doing all around the internet, including on the LowerMyCharges.com website. So if you click on any of these buttons, these sites will be registering that action and may use that information. In some cases these sites will be registering the fact that you are visiting LowerMyCharges.com and the specific pages you are on, even if you don’t click on the button if you are logged into their services, like Google and Facebook. You should check the respective policies of each of these sites to see how exactly they use your information and to find out how to opt out, or delete, such information.
If you are happy to use our site now that you know what cookies we use and what we use them for, please click the ‘Accept Cookies’ button in the toolbar which appears.
If you are not happy, then you have the following options available to you:
- Click the’ Decline Cookies’ button in the toolbar below which will stop Google Analytics tracking but keep session cookies enabled should you wish to make a purchase on this site.
- Browse the site using your browser’s anonymous usage setting which is called ‘Incognito‘ in Chrome, ‘InPrivate‘ for Internet Explorer or ‘Private Browsing‘ in Firefox and Safari.
- Not use this site and delete all LowerMyCharges.com cookies from your chosen Internet browser. To delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to aboutcookies.org for detailed guidance regarding your chosen browser. You will need to search in your cookie folders for ‘LowerMyCharges.com’ to find our cookies if you wish to perform a deletion.
PLEASE NOTE that not accepting the below cookies will harm our business as we will no longer be able to track visits to our website, see what the most popular pages are or the Internet enabled devices looking at our website.
- We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Disclosure of your information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159, Companies Act 2006.
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; or
- If We or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
- Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partners’ networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Lowermycharges.com is a trading style of Money Concierge Ltd a company registered in England and Wales under company number 07368809 with its registered office at Britannia House, Caerphilly Business Park, Caerphilly, CF83 3GG.